Thursday, April 15, 2010

Lisa Versus The Volcano


And the volcano won.

Well I tried to leave for Paris today. I really did. Got to the airport early. Bags checked. Zipped through security. And found a quiet spot to wait for my flight to Charlotte.

Let me tell you, it's not a good feeling to hear your name called over the loudspeaker, directing you back to the gate counter. Kind of like being called to the principal's office.

A thousand thoughts went through my mind in two seconds flat. Was there something in my bags? Did I not check-in properly?

WTF?

Well, turns out it's this volcano in Iceland that has delayed my trip. By only by a day. Hopefully. And it could be worse. So much worse.

But really, who else has had their flight cancelled due to a volcano?

UPDATE: Cancelled again. Now leaving Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment