Friday, May 7, 2010

Art. In Paris.








So, you think art in Paris is all about Monet, Renoir, Da Vinci, Rodin, Degas, Manet, etc., etc., etc.? Well, part of Paris is. There's another part, quite a large part, by the way, that pays very close attention to modern art.

I've never really been a fan of "modern" art. It all seemed so, so very, "how can I make a quick buck from this piece of crap?" to me. The "art" rarely came through.

Until today.

I so wish the Photographs-are-not-allowed-in-the-galleries-Police were on strike or something, because the "Dreamland" exhibit at the Georges Pompidou Centre is truly extraordinary!

These modern artists come from every continent on the planet, ok, with the exception of Antartica, but, really.

They possess a gift that is unique, timely, and simply beautiful.

Oh, and yes, the top of the Pompidou Centre is very high. Very high indeed. Those who know my excrutiating fear of heights will appreciate this.

I also found the square that faces Pompidou interesting. I swear, these are some of the narrowest buildings in the world, let alone Paris. See for yourself, and imagine living here.

I know I can't. It's almost too much for my addled brain! Almost.

First photo: recycled refridgerators covered in mirrored tiles, to resemble city skyline. By: Kader Attia. Untitled. 2007.
Second photo: The square and my Butte-Montmartre! You can sort of see Sacre-Couer, it was much better in real-life!
Third photo: A long way down! What am I doing up here?
Fourth photo: I was very taken with these very, very narrow buildings.
Fifth Le Tour Eiffel from Pompidou
Sixth: Partial exterior of Pompidou

Linky-link here!

No comments:

Post a Comment